Thursday, September 22, 2011

The Navigational System Of The Monarch Butterfly




I’m so intrigued with the Monarch butterflies and their instinctive navigational system that I couldn’t help capturing this shot of these two as I walked through the Brookside Gardens. I am still trying to fathom ‘how they do they find their way across large land areas’. Even though they have never been to Mexico before, how do they find their way there from North America to the same trees where their great-grandparents roosted the previous year.Do they have an instinctive GPS?

3 comments:

  1. I bet!! Nature's awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you Uma, nature is truly amazing. Thanks for paying me the visit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, you can find the answer at jw.org. The navigational system of the butterfly

    ReplyDelete